Ph.D. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2006
Tel: (575) 646-7457
Office: Jett Hall, Room 222
Nonlinear System Identification, Aeroelasticity / Fluid-Structure Interactions, Nonlinear Dynamics
- Physics-Based Identification and Management of Aeroelastic Limit-Cycle Oscillation, AFOSR STTR Phase II Project (collaborating with University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, NES Tech, and Texas A&M University)
- Global / Local System Identification of Strongly Nonlinear Dynamical Systems, NSF
- Tsakirtzis, S., Lee, Y.S., Vakakis, A.F., Bergman, L.A., and McFarland, D.M., ‘Modeling of nonlinear modal interactions in the transient dynamics of an elastic rod with an essentially nonlinear attachment,’ Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulations, in press.
- Lee, Y.S., Vakakis, A.F., McFarland, D.M., and Bergman, L.A., ‘Time-domain nonlinear system identification of the dynamics of aeroelastic instability suppression based on targeted energy transfers,’ The Aeronautical Journal 114 (1151), 2010.
- Lee, Y.S., Tsakirtzis, S., Vakakis, A.F., Bergman, L.A., and McFarland, D.M., ‘Physics-based foundation for empirical mode decomposition,’ AIAA Journal 47 (12), 2938-2963, 2009
- Lee, Y.S., Nucera, F., Vakakis, A.F., McFarland, D.M., and Bergman, L.A., ‘Periodic orbits and damped transitions of vibro-impact dynamics,’ Physica D 238 (18), 1868-1896, 2009.
- Wang, D., Lee, Y.S., McFarland, D.M., Bergman, L.A., and Vakakis, A.F., ‘Mitigating the effect of impact loading on a vehicle using an essentially nonlinear absorber,’ Vehicle System Dynamics, International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility 27 (10), 1183–1204, 2009.
- Y. S. Lee, A. F. Vakakis, L. A. Bergman, D. M. McFarland, G. Kerschen, Francesco Nucera, S. Tsakirtzis and P. N. Panagopoulos, “Passive Nonlinear Targeted Energy Transfer (TET) and Its Applications to Vibration Absorption: A Review,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K, Journal of Multi-Body Dynamics 222 (2), 77-134, 2008.
- Y. S. Lee, A. F. Vakakis, L. A. Bergman, D. M. McFarland and G. Kerschen, “Enhancing Robustness of Aeroelastic Instability Suppression Using Multi-Degree-of-Freedom Nonlinear Energy Sinks,” AIAA Journal 46 (6), 1371-1394, 2008.
- G. Kerschen, A. F. Vakakis, Y. S. Lee, D. M. McFarland and L. A. Bergman, “Toward a Fundamental Understanding of the Hilbert-Huang Transform in Nonlinear Structural Dynamics,” Journal of Vibration and Control 14 (1-2), 77-105, 2008.