Director of Manufacturing & Systems Research Programs, Professor
Ph.D., Johns Hopkins, 1984
Tel: (575) 646-2481
Office: Jett Hall, Room 124
Materials Science and Engineering, Energy Materials, Food-Energy-Water Nexus, Electrochemistry, Materials Characterization, Materials Degradation, Corrosion, Failure Analysis
(also published as V. Desai)
- V. Chaitanya, S. Gedara, M. Karbakhshi, and N. Khandan, “Sustainable Autarky of Food-Energy-Water (SAFE-Water), Energy-Water Nexus, 232nd Electrochemical Society Meeting, National Harbor, MD, October 1-5, 2017.
- G. Chen, E. Fu, M. Zhou, Y. Xu. L. Fei, S. Deng, V. Chaitanya, Y. Wang and H. Luo. “A Facile Microwave-assisted Route to Co(OH)2 and Co3O4 Nanosheet for Li-ion Battery”, J. of Alloys and Compounds, 578 (2013) 349-354.
- P. Mohan, T Patterson, V. Desai and Y. Sohn, “Degradation of APS CoNiCrAlY bond coats in thermal barrier coatings by vanadium and phosphorus pentoxides”, Surface and Coatings Technology, 203 (2008) 427-431.
- V. Krishnan, S. Bharani, J. Kapat, Y. Sohn and V. Desai, “A Simplistic Model to Study the Influence of Film Cooling on Low Temperature Hot Corrosion Rate in Coal Gas/Syngas Fired Gas Turbines, Intl J of Heat and Mass Transfer, 51 (2008) 1049-1060.
- J. Byeon, B. Jayaraj, S. Vishweswaraiah, S. Rhee, V. Desai and Y. Sohn, “Non-destructive Evaluation of Degradation in Multi-layered Thermal Barrier Coatings by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy”, Materials Science & Engineering A, 407 (2005) 213-225.
- Butler, B., Chopra, M.B., Kassab, A.J. and Chaitanya, V., “Boundary Element Model for Electrochemical Dissolution under Externally Applied Low Level Stress,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 37 (2013) 977-987.
- T. Du, A. Vijayakumar and V. Desai, “Effect of Hydrogen Peroxide on Oxidation of Copper in CMP Slurries Containing Glycine and Cu Ions”, Electrochemica Acta, 49 (2004) 4505-4512.
- L. An, Y. Wang, L. Bharadwaj, Y. Fan, L. Zhang, D. Jiang, Y. Sohn, V. Desai, J. Kapat and L. Chow, “Silicoaluminum Carbonitride with Anomalously High Resistance to Oxidation and Hot Corrosion,” Advanced Engineering Materials, 6 (2004) 337-340.
- T. Du, A. Vijayakumar, K. B. Sundaram and V. Desai, “Chemical Mechanical Polishing of Nickel for Applications in MEMS Devices”, Microelectronic Engineering 75 (2004) 234-241.
- V. Desai and D. Tamboli, “Electrochemical Method and System for Monitoring Hydrogen Peroxide Concentration in Slurries” U.S. Patent # 6972083.