Renewable/Alternative Energy, Concentrating Solar Power, Thermal and Thermochemical/Hydrogen Storage, Water Desalination, Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Advanced Heat Transfer Fluids, Thermal Systems
- Concentrate Water Desalination Using Heat Recuperative Solar Still, Agency: U.S. Bureau of Reclamation & NM Water Resources Research Institute, Dates: 05/01/2017 to 04/30/2019.
Recent Journal Papers
- Shahin Shafiee, Mary McCay, Sarada Kuravi, “Effect of Magnetic Fields on Thermal Conductivity in a Ferromagnetic Packed Bed”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol: 86, pp: 160-167, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2017.04.014
Highlight paper: Sarada Kuravi, Jamie Trahan, Yogi Goswami, Elias Stefanakos, Muhammad Rahman, “Thermal Energy Storage Technologies and System Design for Concentrating Solar Power Plants”, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science (2017 ISI Impact Factor – 17.38), Vol: 39, No. 4, pp: 285-319, 2013. (Top 10 most downloaded article in the journal from June 2013 to present; 360+ citations as of June 2017).
Recent Conference Papers
- Haibao Hu, Sarada Kuravi, Feng Ren, Pei-feng Hsu, “Liquid Metal Flow in Manifold Microchannel Heat Sinks”, Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Montreal, Canada, November 14-20, 2014.
- Peijie Li, Sarada Kuravi, “Convective Performance of Encapsulated Phase Change Material Slurries of Water, PAO and Engine Oil in Microchannels”, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Orlando, FL, July 14-16, 2014.
- Peijie Li, Sarada Kuravi, “Study of Thermal Performance of Liquid Flow through a Minichannel”, Proceedings of International Conference on Research and Innovations in Mechanical Engineering (ICRIME 2013), Ludhiana, India, October 24-26, 2013.
- Sarada Kuravi, Jamie Trahan, Yogi Goswami, Chand Jotshi, Elias Stefanakos, Nitin Goel, “Investigation of a High Temperature Packed Bed Sensible Heat Thermal Energy Storage System with Large Sized Elements”, Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Houston, TX, November 9-15, 2012.
- Jamie Trahan, Sarada Kuravi, Yogi Goswami, Muhammad Rahman, Elias Stefanakos, “Thermal Characterization of High Temperature Inorganic Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage Applications”, Paper No. ESFuelCell2012-91475, in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 6th International Conference of Energy Sustainability, San Diego, CA, July 23-26, 2012.
- Swetha Pendyala, Prashanth Sridharan, Sarada Kuravi, Chand Jotshi, Manoj Ram, Muhammad Rahman, Elias Stefanakos, Yogi Goswami, “Macroencapsulation of Sodium Nitrate for Thermal Energy Storage in Solar Thermal Power”, Paper No. ESFuelCell2012-91447, in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 6th International Conference of Energy Sustainability, San Diego, CA, July 23-26, 2012.
- Rachana Vidhi, Sarada Kuravi, Saeb Besarati, Elias Stefanakos, Yogi Goswami, “Performance of Working Fluids for Power Generation in a Supercritical Organic Rankine Cycle”, Paper No. ESFuelCell2012-91473, in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 6th International Conference of Energy Sustainability, San Diego, CA, July 23-26, 2012.
- Antonio Archibold, Sarada Kuravi, Muhammad Rahman, Yogi Goswami, Elias Stefanakos, José Gonzalez-Aguilar, Manuel Romero, “Parametric Study of a Latent Thermal Energy Storage Module”, ISES Solar World Congress 2011, Kassel, Germany, August 28 – September 02, 2011.
- Dervis Demirocak, Sarada Kuravi,Manoj Ram, Chand Jotshi, Sesha Srinivasan, Ashok Kumar, D. Yogi Goswami, Elias Stefanakos,“Investigation of Polyaniline Nanocomposites and Cross-Linked Polyaniline for Hydrogen Storage”, 14th International Conference on Advances in Materials & Processing Technologies, Istanbul, Turkey, July 13-16, 2011.
- Rachana Vidhi, Yogi Goswami, June Chen, Elias Stefanakos, Sarada Kuravi, Adrian Sabau, “Study of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Power Cycle for Low Grade Heat Conversion”, 2011 Supercritical CO2 Power Cycle Symposium, Boulder, Colorado, May 24-25, 2011.