Robotics and Controls (for aerospace and healthcare applications)
- “Suborbital Test of a Robotics-Based Method for In-Orbit Identification of Spacecraft Inertia Properties”, NASA, (PI: O. Ma), 2012-2013.
- “Control of Space Robotic Systems for Optimal Impact-Contact Tasks”, AFRL/VS, Phase I: (PI: O. Ma), 2011-2012.
- “An Innovative 6-DOF Platform for Testing a Space Robotic System to Perform Impact- Contact Tasks”, AFRL/VS, (PI: O. Ma), 2011-2012.
- “Development of an Adaptive Reduced-Gravity Simulator for Aerospace and Biomechanics Research”, (PI: O. Ma; Co-PI: R. Paz, E. Pines, S. Tran), NSF, 2010-2013.
- “Hands-On Aerospace Training through Suborbital Flight Experiments”, NASA/NMSGC, (PI: O. Ma), 2012-2013.
- “Analytical and Exploratory Approaches to Communicate Mathematics to Visually Impaired Students”, (PI: E. Pontelli; co-PI: O. Ma, D. Simon, S. Tran), NSF, 2008-2012.
- “The New Mexico State University Initiative for the Prevention of Falls in Older Adults”, NMSU VPR Office, (PI: R. Wood, Co-PI: O. Ma), 2011-2012.
- Z. Zhang, S. Zhang, P. Xie, and O. Ma, “Bioinspired 4D Trajectory Generation for a UAS Rapid Point-to-Point Movement”. Journal of Bionic Engineering. Vol.11, No.1, 2014, pp.72–81.
- A. Flores-Abad, O. Ma, K. Pham, and S. Ulrich, “A Review of Robotics Technologies for On-Orbit Services”, Progress in Aerospace Science, Vol.68, 2014, pp.1-26.
- A. Flores-Abad and O. Ma, “Optimal Controller for a Space Robot with Uncertainties in the Boundary Conditions”, accepted by AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, 2014.
- K. Hatamleh, O. Ma, A. Flores-Abad, and P. Xie, “Development of a special inertial measurement unit for UAV applications”, ASME Journal of Dyn. Syst., Meas. and Ctrl., Vol. 135, Issue 1, 2013.
- Q. Lu, J. Liang, B. Diao and O. Ma, “A New Active Body-Weight Support System Capable of Virtually Offloading Partial Body Mass”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 18, Issue 1, 2013, pp.11-20.
- Q. Lu, and O. Ma, “Identification of Human Inertia Properties using A Momentum-based Approach”, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol. 134, No. 10, 2012.
- O. Ma, A. Flores-Abad and T. Boge, “Control of Industrial Robots for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation of Satellite Docking”, Acta Astronautica, Vol. 81, 2012, pp.335-347.
- J. Liang, S. Fillmore, and O. Ma, “An Extended Bristle Friction Force Model with Experimental Validation”, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.56, 2012, pp.123-137.
- J. Liang, O. Ma, and C. Liu, “Model Reduction of Contact Dynamics Simulation using A Modified Lyapunov Balancing Method”, Frontier of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 6, No.4, 2011, pp.383- 391.
- J. Liang and O. Ma, “Angular-Velocity Tracking with Unknown Dynamics for Satellite Rendezvous and Docking”, Acta Astronautica, Vol. 69, 2011, pp. 1019-1028.
- Q. Lu, C. Ortega and O. Ma, “Passive Gravity Compensation Mechanisms: Technologies and Applications”, Recent Patents on Engineering, Vol.5, Issue 1, 2011, pp.32-44.
- T. Boge and O. Ma, “Using Advanced Industrial Robotics for Spacecraft Rendezvous and Docking Simulation”, Proc. of the 2011 Intl. Conf. on Robotics and Auto. (ICRA), Shanghai, China, May 9- 13, 2011.